Sunday 1 May 2016

My Girlfriend just had our baby and I'm broke...


I have a job but my salary isn't encouraging and I'm scared because I don't want her to live with me and suffer.

Hi SmellGist,
My name is Sunday and I'm 23years old. I got my girlfriend pregnant last year and she has given birth to our child but I'm scared of bringing her into by home because I don't have money.

I have a job but my salary isn't encouraging and I'm scared because I don't want her to live with me and suffer. Though I don't live with my parents or guardian, I'm yet to achieve anything and it bothers me so much because I'm the first son of the family.
I love my girlfriend too much to lose her right now. What should I do?
Thanks.
---------------
Hello Sunday,
Thanks for sharing this delicate matter with me.
Your concern shows you are a caring parent who wants the best for his child and the mother. From your letter, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons of being separated from your child because of your financial status.
On one hand, it looks like the right thing to do because it’ll give you more time to concentrate on working hard to earn a better living, on the other hand, you may miss out on the experiences of being around your new baby.
Does your girlfriend stay with her parents or a guardian? If she does, I’ll advice you to call your parents and have a meeting with her people. Inform them of your current financial status and you’ll see that they’ll be willing to help once you’ve established that you are responsible man who is working hard to contribute your own quota towards the wellbeing of your baby and your girlfriend.
Once you can find your feet, it’ll be advisable to relieve your parents and her people of the burden of taking care of your little family.
I wish you the best.
---
Don't be left out, stay updated on relationship tips and advice.
Yours truly!

No comments: