Monday 24 October 2016

Victor Moses: How forward missed out on Chelsea’s league title in 2015


Victor Moses failed to add a Premier League title to his name following Stoke City’s refusal to release him to Chelsea from a loan deal.

After failing to impress then Chelsea coach, Jose Mourinho in pre-season the Nigeria international was sent on loan to Stoke City.
According to Moses, half-way through the loan, Mourinho wanted him back, but Stoke City refused to release him.

 playStoke City refused to released Moses back to his parent club, Chelsea (Getty Images)

Chelsea went on to win the Premier League title that year, 2015 without Moses.
“My agent spoke to me about it,” Moses told ESPN FC.
Victor Moses and Jose Mourinho playJose Mourinho wanted Moses back form his loan deal at Stoke City in 2015 (EPA)
“At the time I was doing well at Stoke and I said to my agent that I would like to go back to Chelsea and compete for the title, but I left it up to both clubs.
Chelsea ended up winning the league anyway, and I was happy for the lads.”
Moses will have nothing of such to worry about if Chelsea go on to win the League this season.
Victor MosesplayVictor Moses has been impressive for Chelsea so far this season (REUTERS)

The 25-year-old has become an important figure in Antonio Conte’s Chelsea side this season.
He has made league appearances for Chelsea this season and is just two games away from being eligible for a medal if they win the league title this season.
Moses has two league goals so far for Chelsea this season.

No comments: