Friday 8 July 2016

FREEDOM FROM TEMPTATION

Seek Daily NBC

Friday, July 8

James 1:12-18

FREEDOM FROM TEMPTATION

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is cried, he shall receive the crown of life. James 1:12, KJV

Temptation is not a sin but yielding to it is what is sinful. A story was told of a highly placed man entrusted with a large sum of money. He was one day tempted to put some of the cash into his own account since he knew that it could be a long time before
the theft would be discovered- He was however, able to resist the temptation, but felt he needed to tell somebody the anguish of mind he was passing through. He went, to the man who had occupied the position before him, and shared this experience with him. To his surprise, the man did not reprimand him; rather, he placed his hand on his shoulder in a fatherly and said, “I went through it all myself when I occupied that position. The Lord who helped me will help you too.”

How good is it to know that we have one who was "in all points tempted like as we are, yet without Sin?” We need to enlist the help of Jesus so that we can come out of our lustful desires without falling.

Birthday Blessing: For thou hast delivered my I soul from death will not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of e living? Psalm 56:7

RBT Passage: 2 Chr. 35, 36: Acts 10:23-48

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. - The Holy Bible

No comments: