Saturday 23 July 2016

KFB's Today In Court!: 'She sold off her wedding rings for N50, 000, infected me with serials of STD'- man seeks for divorce


What could have prompted a middle aged woman to sell off her wedding rings barely two years after she made a solemn vow of ‘for better or worse’ with it on the altar?
Another melodrama erupted recently at  Ojo Customary Court, Lagos when an embittered man who couldn’t condone his wife’s penchant for allegedly consistently defiling their martial vows stormed the premises seeking for the dissolution of their union.

Amongst the reasons, Mr. ThankGod Chukwu gave for taking such irreversible decision was threat to his life, lack of respect from his wife, selling of wedding rings and no more love.

When the Imo state born trader was summoned to the evidence box to lay more emphasis to his claims, he quickly brought out a note book where he had earlier noted his wife’s supposed atrocities.

He flipped and read from pages to pages, “Since i married Chinyere, I know no peace. Because of the love I have for her, I didn’t want her to work under any boss, so in that vein I opened a big boutique for her. I did so just to keep her busy and also earn little money for her personal use. I never knew I was giving her a free ticket to use the shop as a chalet to entertain numerous male lovers and satisfy her sexual urge.

Trouble started barely six months after our marriage when noticed some symptoms of infections. I went for tests and it was confirmed that I had contracted staphylococcus. I asked the doctor what could be the cause of such disease, because I could vow that since I met and married her I have never been with any other woman. I have been a faithful husband.

My wife was also summoned for the test, the result came out positive. It was at that point that I was convinced that she has been cheating on me,” he lamented.

Topping up the accusations against his wife, the father of one who was glaringly tired of his union with his estranged wife told the court that she daringly sold off her wedding rings for N50, 000. The ring he claimed to have bought at a more expensive price in Dubai.

“After we tried to resolve the infidelity issue, I thought she would repent and turn a new leaf since our marriage was barely two year old as at that time but Chinyere became worse. She started by gradually selling off everything at home. Then she also sold off her wedding ring. That was the height I could take from her. I have endured enough and want this marriage severed.

I don’t trust her anymore; she might go as far as sending assassin after me or infecting me with deadlier diseases. I pray the honorable court to formally dissolve this union and grant her the custody of our daughter, while I will provide all she needs to take care of her,” he said

Clouded in deep emotions and tears of pains, the respondent, Mrs. Chinyere Chukwu made a step to swear before the honorable court to show how faithful she has been since she signed the dotted lines to love and cherish her husband till death do them part but was stopped and summoned into the evidence box.

She alleged that her husband was the unfaithful partner and she has proof to nail her points.
“STD’s can be contracted via other means. It is also a toilet disease. I have always been faithful to my husband. He is just tired of our marriage after he found a concubine who he prefers. I have done everything humanly possible to make him come back home, all to no avail. Because he is bent on remarrying. My family members have also tried to intervene but my husband remained adamant,” she said.

She also refuted the allegations that she sold off the wedding ring, but mistakenly misplaced it.
The members of the court in their own discretion tired to broker peace into the young family but all the efforts hit the rocks since the man at the center of the case has vehemently refused any form of reconciliation.

No comments: