Saturday 4 February 2017

Here is what Antonio Conte said after Chelsea Win.


Here is what Antonio Conte said after Chelsea Win.

‘No, because there are 14 games
to play and 42 points to take,’
‘For sure today it was important
to win against our rival for the
title. When you have this type of
situation you must exploit it.

‘Arsenal showed us they are a
great team with great players,
and if you don’t play with good
organisation, talent and will to
fight, and with a good will to
work together defensively and
offensively, you risk losing this
type of game.
‘We must be pleased with the
great atmosphere we played in
today. I am pleased for our fans
to see us play this type of
football.
‘Now it’s important to celebrate
this win, but then, from
tomorrow, it’s important to think
about the next game against
Burnley, a very dangerous team
at home.
‘But the league is not finished
today. We must continue to work
very hard if we want to realise a
dream.’

*On Marcos Alonso opened.

‘In England, in this league, this is
always a goal. There was a ball,
there was a contest, and Alonso
jumped more than Bellerin and
scored the goal.
‘To hear this in England I am
surprised. In Italy? Maybe! This is
the correct decision. We can see a
lot of these situations in England.
It’s normal.
‘If we were in other countries
maybe we could have a
conversation, but here I don’t
think it’s right to talk about this.’

*On Eden Hazard sublime
individual goal,

‘He scored a great goal. He
showed great shape today
because if you haven’t a good
shape, it’s very difficult to score
this type of goal. We all know his
talent and his strength. He’s a
really, really talented player. He’s
a really good man also, a good
boy.
‘Today, above all, I am pleased for
his work without the ball
defensively. He played with great
attention and concentration.
When we are able to work
together in this way it’s simple
for us.’

*On what he was saying to his assistant Angelo Alessio towards the end of the first half.

‘Angelo Alessio is a victim, always!
During the corner I wanted to
change some positions, because
in the second corner Arsenal put
six men [forward] and we lost a
man on the edge of the box. It
was very dangerous. I tried to
shout to my players, and then I
said to my assistant “try to send
the message to change the
situation”.
‘When the message didn’t arrive
and after the corner we risked
them scoring a goal, I thought to
send a message.
‘Angelo knows me very well, and
my passion in this moment. It’s
very important to keep the
concentration, not only the
players but the assistants and all
the staff. We win and lose
together.’

*On our current state with that after the Emirates loss.

‘It’s changed a lot. After the
Liverpool and Arsenal defeats I
remember in the press conference
saying “we faced two great
teams, and now we are not a
team”. We were 11 players. In
this way, anything can happen.
‘I remember my words. I also said
we must show on the pitch we
are a great team, not only
because we are at Chelsea. Now
we are showing this.
‘After that situation, the spirit, the
will to be a team, the will to try
something important this season
totally changed.
‘We started to work on different
aspects to improve. For sure now
we are another team.’

*On resting his laurels with over a third of the season still to play.

‘I don’t sleep and I don’t want my
players to sleep.
‘In my squad, I have a lot of
players with good experience
who have won a lot in their
career, and they know we haven’t
won the title now.
‘In my career as a player, I won a
lot, but I lost a lot. When you lose
three Champions League finals
and you win only one, you have
great hunger. During my
experience as a footballer I won a
title with eight points more, and
another time I lost in the same
way.
‘For this reason, I think I have a
bit of experience to manage this
situation and try to keep our
antennas very high.’

No comments: